The latest news from The Farm Store,
- Treat grain with home and dry,
- Vitulix, the Lick for calves,
- Healthy Hooves New footbath method with copper,
- Boom Sprayer Parts,
HOME & DRY
With the harvest about to begin and grain quality looking good, home saving grain direct from the combine is the most economical high quality feed source available.
Advantages of applying 30kg of HOME & DRY to your cereal:
- Adds 4.5% protein to your feed
- Creates an alkaline feed of 8%PH reducing the incidence of acidosis and enabling higher levels of high starch cereals to be fed.
- Can be fed after 2 weeks of ensiling.
- Replaces the need to buy in feed.
- Can be stored up to 10 feet high.
- Once stored dry can last the entire season
- No moulds form as the grain is dry and the strong smell of ammonia repulses vermin.
VITULIX is a new concept mineral block to complement grass for younger stock by supplying a constant flow of minerals but also providing 25% more energy than a calf ration.
It is formulated using evaporated molasses and is 95% DM; it contains protected fat (14MJ/KgDM) and protein (13%
It is packed in 25kg drums and 1 bucket to 20 calves is sufficient.
The evaporated molasses also ensures that the intake levels are curtailed but maintained.
New to the farm store is HEALTHY HOOVES. While we have had excellent results using formalin and peracetic acid over the last number of years there are concerns over the fumes and safety of using the product particularly where farm labourers or young family members are exposed to the product.
Copper sulphate has always been an excellent antibacterial compound for foot bathing but had to be used at very high levels for effectiveness.
The other problem is that it is relatively insoluble in water because of the typical high PH of water.
Trials have shown that by dropping the PH of water from a standard of 6 PH to 2 PH you can increase the solubility of copper from 23% to 85% and therefore increasing the level of copper ions released to combat infection.
This is achieved by adding HEALTHY HOOVES to the footbath with the copper sulphate, this acid mixture drops the PH rapidly and increases the uptake of copper, the other advantage is that an acidic footbath lasts longer increasing the number of cow passes with each standard mix suitable for 500 passes.
See in store for more details.
CHECK OUT OUR RANGE OF SPRAYER PARTS NOW AVAILABLE IN STORE!