HOME & DRY PELLETS
The harvest is upon us and options for utilising grain direct from the combine are being explored,
Home & Dry is a reliable convenient and economical method of treating grain which has many advantages over other methods which include
- Harvest window is 2-3 weeks during normal harvest.
- Grain can be treated from 17-24pc.
- More than 30kg/t can be added to increase protein content.
- Grain is mechanically crimped and Home ‘N’ Dry Pellets applied.
- Grain is covered and sealed using silage polythene covers to prevent ammonia loss, can be fed after 2 weeks
- It can also be stored outdoors once moisture is excluded.
- Increases grain protein levels by 4-5pc at recommended rate.
- Alkaline pH (8-9) provides a buffer to improve rumen function.
- Less likely to be attacked by birds or vermin due to alkaline nature.
- Minimal storage loss.
- Storage period of up to 12 months.
- Feed rates: dairy up to 6kg, beef can be fed ad-lib.
We have customers with grain to sell ready treated and customers looking for grain supplied so contact us for further details.
NEW FROM THE FARM STORE
Distillers Wet Grain is produced from pressed maize grains and is a by-product of the distilling industry.
It is a highly palatable feed containing 26% protein and 32% DM
Is available in full artic loads delivered
Has a 2 month shelf life when covered.
Contact us for more details.